Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter data based on current week (weekdays)

pateldev22
7 - Meteor

I would like to filter out outside of the current week (weekdays).

Example, if i run the flow on the Thursday of this week, i would like to only keep results from Monday to Thursday. If Friday, then Monday to Friday. If Wednesday, then Monday to Wednesday. Exclude any Saturdays and Sundays, and prior weeks.

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @pateldev22 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1646235887483.png

Hope this helps : )

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

@atcodedog05   This certainly works, however, for review purposes I tend to prefer a more documented approach.

I separate the formulas from the conditions being filtered using a formula tool to create weekdays / week no and a filter tool to filter on the conditions that should be met.  See the attached workflow.

pateldev22
7 - Meteor

thank you for the rec! wondering why 02/28 was excluded

pateldev22
7 - Meteor

also i need the original list of dates to be dynamic based on current week, not as a input data tool

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @pateldev22 

@atcodedog05's solution is dynamic. The datetimetoday function returns the current date. The %u returns a numeric day of week (Monday is 1, Sunday is 7). 

pateldev22
7 - Meteor

have not had my morning coffee yet. clearly we need the input data tool as a population data set. LOL

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @pateldev22 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels