Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Data Based on Excel Keyword List

bracks04
5 - Atom

I would like to filter data based on a list of keywords that I maintain in excel where the list from excel is used to build the filter.

I've concat the keywords and added to each row of the data but cannot seem to get the filter to appropriately work to return all results that contain the keywords.  

bracks04_1-1582913532482.png

I would expect to filter and return Sale 1, Sale 2, Sale 3, Sale 5, 

8 REPLIES 8
Simha
9 - Comet

Hi, I am unable to download your attachment. It gives error 'No attachment or failed to download'

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try this

DavidP_0-1582916477366.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

After the summarize, you have to remove the quotes.

Also, split items sold to individual items with a text to rows.

Simha
9 - Comet

Hi, You can use the 'Find/Replace' tool to achieve this as shown in the attached workflow.

Regards

Simha

Simha_0-1582919346264.png

bracks04
5 - Atom

Thanks DavidP.  Looks like it came out for identifying the records, but was wondering if there was a way to do it more like a "Contains" function so I can keep the full set words together within the "Items Sold" column.  I'd eventually like to add a column to the original data that marks the Sale Record as "Produce".

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You have to isolate the items to test for each individually, but if you add in a recordID right at the start, you can join the filtered result back to the original dataset.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Something like this.

DavidP_1-1582929076569.png

But I think @Simha's solution is way more elegant.

Simha
9 - Comet

@DavidP, thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it.

Labels