Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SQL Query Help

alex
11 - Bolide

Helping someone who is trying to extract data from a couple tables in a Oracle database.  They have 150,000 work orders that they need pulled out of millions of work orders.  In-DB is not an option at this point as we don't have permission to create a temp table in the database.  We set up a dynamic input but currently set up to only pull one record at a time and it is slow.  I've seen some articles that attack this in different manners, but the size of this query has me seeking a better option.  I'm not a SQL coder, so don't know what my options are.  They have an existing Access process that works, but they want to transition to a workflow.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How about instead of querying one WO at a time, you could do it in batches? Using a RecordID, Formula, and Summarize tool, it's easy to group these arguments into groups (of a size you determine) so 10/100/whatever can be queried at a time.

Check out the attached workflow to see this in action. 

alex
11 - Bolide

Worked in a batch macro I tested.  Thanks.

Labels