Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Contains

suby
11 - Bolide

Sorry but I have created a new thread to avoid confusion and I have attached the excel sheet with the desired output.

please help me to get the desired output based on the same data.

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
suby
11 - Bolide
  1. Thanks for you reply in my example this will work and in real world is  there way to match the exact string Please.
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

grossal_0-1586635129165.png

grossal_1-1586635137919.png

Just throw your formula without the IF-Part in a Filter and it works: 

grossal_2-1586635174509.png

Workflow attached.

Best

Alex

suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks grossal and I want to create an additional column called ' Test'with yes or No flag can you please suggest if there is a way to do it.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You could do this in the way you already tried it to do. 

IF [Your Condition] THEN 'Yes' Else 'No' ENDIF
suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks I tried doing this way I removed the filter tool and inserted the formula tool with the below formula and it gives me this result set. attached the screenshot.

if [CODE] = "IM"
OR  [CODE] = "AS" 
OR [CODE]= "IMM"  then 'Yes' else
'no' endif

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

and what's the result you want?

suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks and the result set attached and this way I wanted my result

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

grossal_0-1586637031927.png

Result:

grossal_1-1586637068480.png

Check out the attached workflow.

Best

Alex

suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks but in my example data set I've  taken only where the condition satisfies 'Yes', what should I do if want to evaluate 'No' as well.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Just use the Data From the F-Anker to only get the 'No' data.

If want both, than just don't use a Filter Tool at all, but from your request, you said you look for the 'Yes' that's why I used it in the first place.

Labels