Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Fieldtype Number with Comma as decimal seperator

jaapkluck
Meteoroide

Dear All,

In my company we use the Comma as decimal seperator. Therefore, I would like to achieve the following in my output excel:

output excel:

All fields which include numbers should be field type 'Number' in excel and the decimal seperator should be a Comma.

When I am changing the field type in alteryx through Select tool or formula (ISNUMBER) then the amounts dissapear in all the fields.

I hope you can help me.

3 RESPUESTAS 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you try going to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings... > Localization [tab] and then selecting the Decimal Symbol to be a comma? Think this should work.

Thanks,

Philip

PhilipMannering_1-1613650205282.png

pedrodrfaria
Púlsar

Hi @jaapkluck 

As @PhilipMannering  pointed out, you can change the decimal separator in the User Settings. 

Changing the settings is only for your visualization.

With what you mentioned last regarding changing it to a numeric format and the data disappearing, you need to pay attention to see if Alteryx is understanding it as a string, then you need to before changing the datatype, use the Formula Tool to do a Replace Function to assign the correct separator instead of the one over there, to then change it to a proper format.

Pedro.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah, I see. Thanks @pedrodrfaria 

You could also try using the function

tonumber([Field1], 1, 1, ',')

The fourth argument specifies the decimal separating character. 

Etiquetas