Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Name Contains Data in Middle of Workflow: Push Field Name Row Down (not Input tool)

paulwini
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I have an Alteryx workflow where the data in the field name contains data, and so I need the field names to be pushed down into the first row. I then need the field names to be F1, F2, etc. after this is accomplished. I know in my attached workflow I could easily change the input tool to select "First Row Contains Data", but in my use case the data is structured this way after the input tool. I therefore can't use this solution.

Initial Data Structure:

InitialInput.png

Desire Output:

DesriedOutput.png

Does anyone have any tips on how to accomplish this? Attached is an Excel file of the data and a sample Alteryx workflow.

Thank you,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @paulwini 

Here's my solution. Isolate the 1st record(row), transpose, union, transpose in reverse order, re-union

Workflow package attached.  Export to C:\Temp to test.  Enjoy!

paulwini.PNG

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @paulwini ,

My take on this:

mceleavey_0-1635790796878.png

The problem you have is that the rename will remove the column headers rather than move them down, so a quick pivot and a generation of the new required headers gives you both. You then just need to pivot back and union:

mceleavey_1-1635790877398.png

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

paulwini
7 - Meteor

Incredible! Thank you both so much. Exactly what I needed.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels