Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Explorer Box

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Hello Team,

How we pass the login id and password  in the explorer box of my login page.

11 REPLIES 11
rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Any one can help.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @rohit782192, you should be able to just type in your login and password. Are you getting any errors?

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

i want to pass the values in that . I am curious how we can do in Alteryx

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohit782192 There's not a native way to do this in Alteryx I would advise looking at using the Python tool and Selenium. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Rohit,
Can you please give detail as to what you are trying to achieve?
Are you wanting to display a web page, log in, within the explorer box without the need for a user to login to the page?

I don't believe this is possible within the Explorer Box functionality, you would need to log in instead. You can scrape information from a web page using the download tool however. There is a great post explaining how to make your own connector with this functionality within Alteryx here:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Guide-to-Creating-Your-Own-Connecto...

Depending on what information you are wanting to retrieve, and how you are wanting to display it to a user of your workflow, this may be the best way to go.

Cheers,

TheOC

Bulien
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohit782192 What is your end goal in login into a website in alteryx?

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Any Website or Google Search to pass value.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Are you wanting to scrape that website for information or just display the website in the Designer?

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Both

Labels