Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel to txt

James01
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have 2 files: txt and excel. I'm looking to see if I can add the data I have in excel file into my txt file/combine them together in txt file. I have to add excel data right below the data I have inside the txt file. Which tool I can use to do something like that?

I've been trying to figure out and still couldn't. I tried using Union tool but Union tool cannot get the job done since I have 1 field in txt file and 6 fields in excel.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @James01,

Can you share some sample data and the output you're looking to achieve?

Regards,

Jonathan

James01
6 - Meteoroid

Here you go. Thanks.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @James01,

This could be done with a little bit of regex to pull out the details from the text file:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589492635887.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

James01
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to do it vice versa where we take the data from excel and put it inside the txt file?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @James01,

I think this is what you're looking for?

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589531180660.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Or if you don't want the column headers on the output:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589531370786.png

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels