Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Formula via Alteryx

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Good morning.

I would like to construct via the formula tool the following Excel formula:
=RIGHT(A2;7)&" "&(LEFT(B2;3))

I construct the rule as shown in image 1 but when I open it via Excel I get the error present in image 2.

How can I solve the problem?
Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @sebenciven 

I'm not sure it should work...however works pretty well if you save in csv and open it in excel.
image.png

The other way would be to create a workflow with maybe some python or R in order to get the exact result.

Best regards,

Simon

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Hi @simonaubert_bd 

thank you for the answer but it doesn't help me.

There are Excel formula that use fields from another sheet of the same file and when I save .csv file I cannot do any sheet but only one file.

lukas_olsovsky
8 - Asteroid

Hi Sebencieven, can you translate the second picture for me, please?

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Try using

=RIGHT(A2,7)&" "&(LEFT(B2,3))

Replaced ";" with ",".

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Hi @lukas_olsovsky - Yes of course. Excel removes cells with my formula because He founds an error.

@Gaurav_Dhama_ I trided but Excel give me an error because Excel Formula accept ";" and not ",".

lukas_olsovsky
8 - Asteroid

@sebenciven this error is usually in macro enabled worksheet. Do you have macro enabled in your file/excel setup?

If its not the case, instead of & I would personally use "CONCAT" / "CONCATENATE" - depends on your excel version. CONCAT(RIGHT(A2,7);" ";(LEFT(B2,3))

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

@lukas_olsovsky I've tried but I have the same result... 😭

Possibile that the problem is the " "?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@sebencivenno, I don't think it's a formula syntax issue because then the file would open with an error in the formula... here, it's more like it doesn't understand it's a formula, maybe an escaping, enclosing something missing.

lukas_olsovsky
8 - Asteroid

@sebenciven did you try to put in front of  "=" (formula start)delimiter, which you will put out in excel via "text to columns?" or during .csv import?

Labels