Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Formula via Alteryx

sebenciven
8 - Asteroid

Good morning.

I would like to construct via the formula tool the following Excel formula:
=RIGHT(A2;7)&" "&(LEFT(B2;3))

I construct the rule as shown in image 1 but when I open it via Excel I get the error present in image 2.

How can I solve the problem?
Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

xml corrupt error happens when the value populated in excel is not in correct format. Try to run the Alteryx, copy one of the "Formula created in Alteryx flow" and paste it manually in one of the excel file. Does it create the required result without any pop-up warning.

sebenciven
8 - Asteroid

@lukas_olsovsky Hi, it's an excel file not .csv, what delimiter? 🤔

sebenciven
8 - Asteroid

@Gaurav_Dhama_ Formula works corretly if i paste it on excel

Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

I tried replicating the same formula and was able to successfully insert in excel. So there’s no issue with the formula I believe.

Few things worth trying.

1.Try creating the excel without these formulas, see if excel still crash or not. If it does then either below point might help or something else is crashing your excel.

2. If you are updating an already existing excel, check if the file is already corrupted. This is something I have experienced before, and was resolved by simply changing the template.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels