Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Formula to Alteryx

Gaurav0001
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 
Please help me to convert Excel VLOOKUP formula to ALTERYX.

Formula : =VLOOKUP(F2,P_M!$A$1:$O$50,2,FALSE)

Over here the Column name PC having this formula. P_M is another sheet in the Excel file.
F column name is PCN for (F2).

I need to make PC column in another sheet with applied Formula ( =VLOOKUP(F2,P_M!$A$1:$O$50,2,FALSE) ) in Alteryx.

7 REPLIES 7
Deano478
12 - Quasar

Hi @Gaurav0001  can you provide some sample data so people can try and create the desired result?

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Gaurav0001,

A VLOOKUP can be done in Alteryx by using a join/Find&Replace tool to connect the two data sources. 

See: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-for-Excel-Users-How...

Gaurav0001
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Deano478
I have provide the sample data (Test) below,
Make sure you apply the formula =VLOOKUP(E2,P_M!$A$1:$C$5,2,FALSE) to PC column in P sheet to get the result in excel.
After, when you get the result like below..

Gaurav0001_0-1684502992389.png

You can try for the solution in Alteryx.

So, 

I need to make PC column in another sheet with applied Formula ( =VLOOKUP(E2,P_M!$A$1:$C$5,2,FALSE) ) in Alteryx.

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Your P_M tab has two different PC for the same PRD. Is it supposed to be like that? Vlookup in Excel will only pick up row 3 and not row 4. Is that your intention? If you use the join tool in Alteryx, it will bring in both row 3 and row 4. 

Gaurav0001
8 - Asteroid

Hello @cjaneczko,

You are absolutely correct, 
The row 3 only need to be show as output in Excel, but for Altery I need only Row 3 as output, no row 4. 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

In that case you would want to place a Unique tool in front of the Join for P_M. This will only grab the first iteration of PC. Find attached a sample workflow. 

cjaneczko_0-1684510482485.png

cjaneczko_1-1684510495938.png

Gaurav0001
8 - Asteroid

Hello @cjaneczko,
Hope this solution will work, Thanks for the Help.😊

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels