Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error while loading data in data lake via databricks file connection - Unable infer schema

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hello Community,

I am currently working on a project where I have to load data to data lake, but I keep getting below error.

The connection file I am using works well with different other workflows to write data in other databases as well the intended database with different data, But has this issue with specific data I am dealing with, any idea why? The data has empty cells in few cases, so i used data cleansing tool to replace them with blanks and zeros. Write driver is Databricks bulk loader (Avro) - String dbbla:DRIVER=Simba Spark ODBC Drive (other additional details). This connection works with other databases and same database with other data

[Simba][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis error thrown in server while executing query. Error message from server: org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error running query: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Unable to infer the schema. The schema specification is required to create the table

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Neha 

1-I would start with what the error is saying. Are you passing the schema on your query?

CREATE TABLE schema_name.table_name ( column1 datatype, column2 datatype, ... );

2-If yes, i would try to follow the solution of this topic: Solved: [Simba][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis er... - Alteryx Community

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hello @Felipe_Ribeir0 , I tried both these solutions but doesn't seem to work. I suspect there is something wrong with data that I am passing since the same database.table_name format works everywhere.

Labels