Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error while loading data in data lake via databricks file connection - Unable infer schema

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hello Community,

I am currently working on a project where I have to load data to data lake, but I keep getting below error.

The connection file I am using works well with different other workflows to write data in other databases as well the intended database with different data, But has this issue with specific data I am dealing with, any idea why? The data has empty cells in few cases, so i used data cleansing tool to replace them with blanks and zeros. Write driver is Databricks bulk loader (Avro) - String dbbla:DRIVER=Simba Spark ODBC Drive (other additional details). This connection works with other databases and same database with other data

[Simba][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis error thrown in server while executing query. Error message from server: org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error running query: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Unable to infer the schema. The schema specification is required to create the table

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Neha 

1-I would start with what the error is saying. Are you passing the schema on your query?

CREATE TABLE schema_name.table_name ( column1 datatype, column2 datatype, ... );

2-If yes, i would try to follow the solution of this topic: Solved: [Simba][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis er... - Alteryx Community

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hello @Felipe_Ribeir0 , I tried both these solutions but doesn't seem to work. I suspect there is something wrong with data that I am passing since the same database.table_name format works everywhere.

Labels