Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when trying to write to MS Access tables

KateC
8 - Asteroid

I need to output data to two different tables in MS Access. I have the Output tool configured to write to the database. File format is Microsoft Access 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 (*.accdb). Output Options: Append Existing. Append Field Map: By Field Name.

I'm getting the following error: Error: Output Data (75): Error opening query: Microsoft Access Database Engine: No value given for one or more required parameters.

The tables do exist in my db so it shouldn't be an issue where I'm trying to append to something that's not there. I can't find anything regarding output parameters for Access. Or is this one of those errors that says one thing but means something entirely different? Any help about setting this up is appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JimmyV
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kate,

Try double checking the field names in the MS Access database to make sure they match up to what you're trying output from Alteryx.

KateC
8 - Asteroid

Thanks JimmyV! Why is the the easiest thing that I always overlook? I had extra fields from changes I made in another part of the workflow... just needed to deselect those and it worked like a charm. 

JimmyV
8 - Asteroid

Anytime Kate! I'm quite used to them, they always seem to get me, haha!

Labels