Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic App - Skipping rows to give new header

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

hi,

I am trying to skip rows and have my workflow read in the correct rows as headers in the actual workflow.

I do not want to do a chained app.

this is the data and I want the headers to be row 6 (header1, header2)

wonka1234_0-1686066044626.png

wonka1234_1-1686066055408.png

How can I do this within THIS workflow? No chained app allowed.

4 REPLIES 4
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@wonka1234 Sounds like a great use case for a chained app to me, why don't you want to use it?

The issue is that the drop-down needs to receive metadata before you press run, so it can't be influenced by non-interface tools before the app runs. The only thing I can think of is to instead use the 'select range' options in the file input interface tool:

FinnCharlton_1-1686066963841.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@FinnCharlton  please dont make me do chained app! PLEASE!

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@wonka1234 aha they're not as intimidating as they sound, and unfortunately they are sometimes the best/only way of getting something working

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

Skip the NULL rows using Sample tool and then use 'Dynamic Rename' tool to get the headers.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 140739.png

Labels