Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Outputting multiple files

GayatriPanigrahi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Wondering if we have solution to output multiple sheets in single file.

I have 40 sheets which need to be placed under single excel file and all sheets have different data structure, getting error message "Unable to make final write <File path> Error in use by another process"  while outputting. I tried BlockUntilDone but still facing same issue. 

7 REPLIES 7
echuong
8 - Asteroid

Are you able to share a sample of your data and/or workflow? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @GayatriPanigrahi 

Only possible best way I can think of is by using reporting. Convert all the sheets to tables and output them to each sheets using a single render tool. In this method, each sheet is written one after other in a single tool hence it doesn't create write block,

atcodedog05_0-1645346418665.png

Why Single Output tool doesn't support this?

Output tool expects you too have same columns for sheets hence doesn't.

How Reporting tools support this?

Since at the end there is only one column that table the actual data column doesn't matter.

Note: one drawback is all sheet will have the same width and there is nothing that can be done.

Hope this helps : )

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @GayatriPanigrahi ,

Do you run the Workflow in Alteryx Engine? If you use the AMP Engine, please change to the Alteryx Engine(don't use AMP Engine).

It is difficult to use the UBD in AMP Engine.

Or do you try to use Parallel Block Until Done in Crew Macro?

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

The last method I can think of is to use a batch macro. 

Each data into specific sheet must be Name & Value Fields with Sheet and Record ID field.

After that, you put the data into the Batch macro, you need to recover the data by using Cross Tab tool and save them in the Batch Macro for each sheet.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1645353940397.png

Batch Macro:

AkimasaKajitani_1-1645353953662.png

In any case, you can use this macro with a light fix.

Please check the attached workflow.

If you have any question, let me know.

GayatriPanigrahi
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately i can not share entire workflow but workflow look like as attached image which has ~40 output sheet and each sheet has different data structure. And at present can not use external add-on feature with alteryx due to audit.

Just thought is there a way we can create macro which accept multiple input and generate multiple output and inbetween block until is used.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @GayatriPanigrahi 

I think that my macro uploaded at previous post can work well.

Can you download it? Is that also recognized as an external add-on?

Please refer my previous post.

GayatriPanigrahi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

Thank you for the solution.

Labels