Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email only Warning messages from Results Window

wilsonn
6 - Meteoroid

I have done some searches and I am trying to find how to email the warning messages that is retrieved. Would I have to extract it using some sort of expression with %OutputLog%? I am getting the count of warning messages( from events), but I would like to get what the message(s) are. This will eventually run on the server.

2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@wilsonn You can create an Event in the Workflow - Configuration window to send you emails before the workflow runs, after the run with/without errors. It'll give you all kinds of information about the run in the email.

Add Event.png

Run Event When.png

Configure Event.PNG

wilsonn
6 - Meteoroid

@Prometheus I am currently doing that. The %OutputLog% gives me the output. However, I would like to capture just the warning messages if possible instead of the whole output. 

Example of message I only want to receive (if possible):

00:04:11.933 - Warning - ToolId 52: The field "Concerned? Progress Reports" is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream.

Labels