Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool sending multiple Emails

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community!

How can I prevent the Email Tool is sending multiple emails for one thing?

In my workflow, I have an email Tool, that sending out an excel attachment. And in this Excel, there is only one Sheet. But when it rendered, I got  a lot of emails for one thing. Not sure if this is because in the Excel it got multiple rows?

The Output excel is simple setting and so is the Email Tool

Thank you for your help.

9 REPLIES 9
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It will send as many emails as you have records in your workflow!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am not sure of your ultimate goal, but if you want to send one email you can only have one record going into the Email tool - use maybe a Sample tool or a Table tool to help accomplish this. 

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm the purpose is to notify the users that there are missing values in a record.

I just tried without attachment, it is still sending multiple emails. 

Even tried to create a table, same thing

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

How many records do you have going into the Email tool? Please show a screenshot if you can

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm I've got it. I didn't do it right the first time when using the Table. I added the Table and Report Text before the email Tool, that work. It didn't send multiple emails now.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Fantastic! If you could accept it as a solution then, that would be great 😊

Nicolaas_Vercruyse
7 - Meteor

Hello, Is it possible to share the workflow as I have the same problem.

I'm using the table tool but still send for all data a separate email instead of the table.

Regards,
Nicolaas

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

@Nicolaas_Vercruyse 

This is how I got set up in my workflow

the Build Table tool first, you will select the desired fields you want in the table.  Then the Report tool next

pic1.png

In the Report tool, you will select the Table under Attached text to existing field

pic2.png

In the Email Tool, you select the Use Field: Table as your body

Pic3.png

Hope this helps.

sethuram85
6 - Meteoroid

As an alternative to the email tool, you can send an email using "Events". Click on your canvas background to show the Workflow Configuration window. You will see tabs for: Canvas, Workflow, Runtime, Events, Meta Info. Click Events, check the Enable Events Box, click Add--> Send Email, and fill out the dialogue box. Click OK to save. At the top of Dialog box in "Run Event When" you can choose when to get the email, for example all the time would be "After Run" or you can choose to only get an email when it runs without errors. 

Labels