Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - Login Denied Error

jsumms
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am using the Email tool using an SMTP Connection via the "Use Data Connection Manager (DCM)" option. I am connecting using a Credential of the "OAuth with Alteryx Application"

The Workflow will successfully run and send e-mails if I run the Workflow from my home office being connected via VPN. However, when I try to run the Workflow while being in our corporate office and connected directly to the network it gives us "Error: Email (1): Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 67, desc = Login denied" error.

We are not changing any parameters related to the SMTP Connection and I have been working with my IT team but we cannot figure out what may be causing the Login Denied issue when at the corporate office. Anyone have any ideas as to what the fix may be for this? We also have run a test using Windows Powershell using my login credentials and the same SMTP and it will send a test e-mail when we do it it through there.

38 REPLIES 38
lmirandam07
5 - Atom

Where are the patch notes...?

renat_isch
Alteryx
Alteryx
kflores27
6 - Meteoroid

I have installed the patch in my Alteryx Designer, however all of the flows I need the fix for run on the server. How is this addressed? 

luaimatari7
5 - Atom

This is issue is still not resolved in the new patch

JamieHankins
7 - Meteor

I have had the same problem with gmail.

The email tool used to work and still does for one of my colleagues. However, it no longer works to me (probably update related?)

renat_isch
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @luaimatari7@JamieHankins, We went ahead and tested the patch in our environment and the issue no longer persists. At this point I would encourage you to contact customer support to validate this with them. 

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? The patched update does not work in 2023.1 or 2023.2 (latest version!!) for OAuth --private authentication. 

elliottwood
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all, 

The update has once again destroyed access to SMTP ports that have traditionally worked. 

Hoping for a resolution again.

Thanks,

Elliott

VOparaji
6 - Meteoroid

I had the same issue and this solution fixed it.

Thank you.

Labels