Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - Login Denied Error

jsumms
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am using the Email tool using an SMTP Connection via the "Use Data Connection Manager (DCM)" option. I am connecting using a Credential of the "OAuth with Alteryx Application"

The Workflow will successfully run and send e-mails if I run the Workflow from my home office being connected via VPN. However, when I try to run the Workflow while being in our corporate office and connected directly to the network it gives us "Error: Email (1): Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 67, desc = Login denied" error.

We are not changing any parameters related to the SMTP Connection and I have been working with my IT team but we cannot figure out what may be causing the Login Denied issue when at the corporate office. Anyone have any ideas as to what the fix may be for this? We also have run a test using Windows Powershell using my login credentials and the same SMTP and it will send a test e-mail when we do it it through there.

38 REPLIES 38
jallen201
7 - Meteor

I'm getting the same error after upgrading to 2023.1

But there's a catch first record works, then get this error on record 2 and then the workflow quits. This is a showstopper for many things in my organization

James Allen

jallen201
7 - Meteor

Here is the error

Screenshot 2023-05-23 093845.png

jallen201
7 - Meteor

I have downgraded to 2022.3 and it began working again

elliottwood
6 - Meteoroid

You have precisely described my issue! This error also came after the 2023.1 update.

jsumms
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah I am using the Version: 2022.3.1.395 and still have the issue.

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Same here. Error after the first record. Sent an email to support. Im downgrading now.

TorbenL
5 - Atom

Samme issue here. Error after first record. I will reach out to support as well.

Alteryx version: 2023.1.1.123

jsumms
6 - Meteoroid

Wanted to give everyone an update on what I did to get this to start working for me while I was in my office and not just at home via VPN.

1st: As suggested above I had to downgrade of version 2023.1 to 2022.3

2nd: My IT Team created a Remote App Server/Virtual Environment

Logging in via the Remote App Server while at the office allowed me to run the Workflow successfully for all records (8 in my case)

renat_isch
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jsumms, thanks for raising this issue over here. My name is Renat, I am Alteryx Senior PM responsible for data connectivity. Could you please confirm what connection configuration did you use?  If your ExchangeOnline configuration is different from the one on attached screenshot, please retry using indicated parameters. 

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 14.22.08.png

Labels