Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically update report header for each individual pdf outputs with group name

iwanttoworksmart
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a listing of Teams for which I would like to generate individual pdf reports with team names and reporting years at the top of the report.

I am able to save them all as separate pdf files with correct names, but where I could use some help is getting header values to update based on the grouping.

1. I have a formula tool generating FY 22 (year based on user selection) that should be included at the top of the report.
  2. I would like to list the team name in the header.
  3. I would like the team name not to be part of the output table, although this is the field that will determine data grouping for output.

I attached a sample of what I am looking to accomplish- any tips are greatly appreciated! I can only use native Alteryx tools which are out of beta. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@iwanttoworksmart 
This is difficult for me as well.
Hope someone can help. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @iwanttoworksmart 

Here is how you can do it

1. In Table tool groupby on year and team

2. Use the Report text tool like below to attach a dynamic title (value based on groupby) on top of the table. Refer below. Configure the text to the desired title

atcodedog05_0-1641284639871.png

3. Use formula to create filename.

4. Configure render tool to output to different files based on team and year.

atcodedog05_2-1641285021295.png

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1641284947895.png

Hope this helps : )

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@atcodedog05 
nice!

iwanttoworksmart
6 - Meteoroid

This is great, thank you so much!!!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @iwanttoworksmart 

Cheers and have a nice day!

iwanttoworksmart
6 - Meteoroid

@atcodedog05 I am hoping you can help me with one more thing- is there a way to add a total line below my table for sales?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @iwanttoworksmart 

Check whether this works for you

Hope this helps : )

iwanttoworksmart
6 - Meteoroid

atcodedog05 thank you! That was my approach too, I was hoping Lateryx would have some fancy text tool option where you can sum the columns, but this works!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

This is the easiest or else it will get complicated 😅

Happy to help : ) @iwanttoworksmart 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels