Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Dynamically output query results from multiple views in .qvx format

Aditya_Pillai
アトム

Hi Alteryx Family! I am stuck with a task where i have to output the query results of multiple views built in IBM DB2 into seperate .qvx files INPUT - I have a column in an excel file with the view names i need to query Approach - I have created a Macro which takes in the view name column and updates the view name in the SELECT * Query inside the input tool. This appends all the results from all the views in a single .qvx file. However the requirement is to create seperate.qvx file for each viewname. The Idea which i have is to append a new column named View_Name having the viewname itself within the output and then tell the output tool to output based on the View_Name Column. However i am unable to dynamically add each view name to the output. Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

4件の返信4
Prometheus
クエーサー

If you can take the view name and turn it into a column, you can dynamically create *.qvx files based on these view names. 

FileNames.PNG

Create Path.PNG

Change FilePath.PNG

Aditya_Pillai
アトム

Hi @Prometheus Actually there is a column in the excel which is called View names which has the name of the views in the DB. I wanted to query (doing a select *)each of these view name and output the results of the view in seperate .qvx files

apathetichell
ポルックス

Your query should be in a batch macro . you append the query name/column from excel after you retrieve your query in-db. you then create your formula tool and your file in the batch macro.

Aditya_Pillai
アトム

Hi @apathetichell

Thanks for your solution. However I tried a different approach and it worked.

Steps.

1.) Drag Input tool and connect it to the excel file.

2.) Create a batch macro with the input tool and connect to the DB. In SQL editor i typed the following query -

SELECT *, 'Name of the View' as View_Name

FROM 'Name of the View'

3.)Update the action tool to replace the string ' 'Name of the View' and configure the control parameter to iterate over view_name column from the excel file

4.)Connect Output tool inside the macro and output based on View_Name column acquired from the query and select .qvx as extension. Select Change path/Entire File Name

5.)Connect the macro to step 1

Please feel free to validate my solution. Thanks again for your response appreciate it.

ラベル