Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic input won't load on blank user input

wthobaben
5 - Atom

Hi - I'm having an issue with a dynamic input not recognizing a blank user input. The app starts by a user inputting a few file paths. One in particular is not always required. In this instance, if a user doesn't input a blank template, the dynamic input will error out (it works as intended if a file path is input). I've attempted to create a formula to detect when there is nothing input by the user, but I can't seem to capture the empty field in order to load the blank template. Any suggestions?    [Note - I know the file paths don't all match / make sense on the screen shot below, these are just fake paths I typed quickly for the screenshot] [ Data Type is normally a string; I took this screen shot from the debug, I don't know why it's being changed to a Bool]

Alteryx Snapshot-3.PNG

Alteryx Snapshot.PNG

Alteryx Snapshot-2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

***Edit - The action actually needs to be Update Value with Formula as shown below in updated screenshots.

I always enter dummy text like 'Placeholder' in the text file.  Then with the action I update the specific string 'Placeholder' with the selected interface value.

Then your formula can look like 'If [Filepath] = 'Placeholder' Then ...'

Robin_McIntosh_0-1658336184079.png

Robin_McIntosh_1-1658336226024.png

wthobaben
5 - Atom

-Removed-

wthobaben
5 - Atom

That still doesn't seem to work. When no value is input by the user, it's replacing the 'placeholder' with blank space. 

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@wthobaben See my edit above.

wthobaben
5 - Atom

That works! Thank you! 

Labels