Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic filter requirement help

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Good day. I have a very dynamic requirement.

I got 2 files one has the Client data and other one have the client name. I have to filter the client name basis the list to the Client Data save that to a different folder for each Client as a excel file. Though the requirement doesn't end with this, however, getting here can make to me move further.

Thanks
Naga

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Naga 

Here is how you can do it. I have taken an example where I want to split files on region. What you should is

1. Create output file fullpath.

2. Configure output tool to write to the path.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1644170441122.png

Hope this helps : )

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05,

Thanks for your quick response. I will use this one will be a good solution when I move on. Giving your more background. I have created a master mapping file that will be used to find the input and the output paths for each Client. The flow should transfer all those files to different path based on the mapping file. I am also trying to use joins, but not sure if we have any other best way. 

1st step what I am try to look is for a solution that will fetch the Client records basis the Client name in the mapping file. This mapping is defined for a year that will run weekly to fetch the client records from each file and move that to respective client paths. I just need looking for a prototype that will fetch the records based on the mapping file.

Trying to achieve input from single path every week to 100's of different path as output.

Please let me know if you have any proposed solution to meet this need.

Thanks again for your support

Thanks
Naga

Labels