Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic & iterative Filters

Hi everyone,

I have a very large dataset filled with sales data on specific products. So far, I've been able to connect two ledgers to a key list to find the product groups & product names and add a filter that updates according to input. Now, I'm trying to do the following:

1- replace the filter with an iterative filter that separates the data into every single short product key group and sums the profits for them - I do not want to do this with a basic Summarize Activity, because I need the results to be on different sheets - 1 sheet per product key. Somehow I've been proving too dumb to figure out a coherent way of doing this 😞

AND - but as an "or" option (if possible, this should show up as an interface where you can select option 1 or 2)

2- have some kind of interface/option to Sum over different groups of long product keys, because sometimes a product group was given the wrong key. The difficulty here is that I need to sum all groups in the table, so it can't just be a "click what you want to sum up and get 1 result" (so like, another dynamic thing that takes the number of groups I need and puts each group in a new sheet). Also, it would be ideal if this can be done in a way where I don't just see the product keys, but the whole table in order to be able to find similar fields.

I have attached some sample data (2nd sheet is the important one for the logic) and the workflow as far as I've come (tried a text box for a single filter, disconnected right now to see the results).

I would really appreciate any input as to how I can get there. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Ponycatsurvivor007 ,

For your first question, if you want to output 1 sheet per product key, you can configure your output tool to change the tab name based on a grouped value as shown below:

Screenshot 2020-11-27 110323.jpg

That will return you an excel file similar to that attached.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Also, I had a look at the second question. Not sure if my solution ticks all the boxes, but I have created an app which allows you to filter either on Short Product Key or Long Product Key and return the results.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,

Angelos

Thank you so much for both, that works perfectly! 🙂

Labels