Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select?

TaylorMaddox
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone!

I'm building a workflow where I'm reading in a file that contains numbers for store based on period.

Here's what the input looks like. 

2023-07-12 11_43_49-New Message - Alteryx Community and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

I would want to append a field that says what period it is and have the workflow select only the column with the corresponding period while maintaining the column with the store numbers. 

2.png

Here's what I want the output to look like if it was period 3.

3.png

I was thinking I would be able to use dynamic select for this, but I can't figure out a way to achieve this outcome.

5 REPLIES 5
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Do you have the period in the file, or from where should i get it?

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Maybe something like this?

2.png1.png

TaylorMaddox
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! That helped a lot I didn't even think of the transpose tool! This achieved what I was trying to do.

2023-07-12 13_11_41-Alteryx Designer x64 - TruckRollfoward.yxwz_.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @TaylorMaddox 

You're on the right track with the Dynamic Select.  You just need a bit of pre and post meta data manipulation

w.png

The bottom Text Input holds the target field name and WorkingName field with value "SelectedPeriod".  The first Dynamic Rename renames the target field to the SelectedPeriod.  The Dynamic Select selects the Store field and SelectedPeriod.  The second Dynamic rename restores the original Target name

o.png

Dan

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @TaylorMaddox 

Another way for you:

录制_2023_07_13_10_48_14_396.gif

BTW, if value of each row are not same by field [Period] , then:

录制_2023_07_13_11_54_46_221.gif

Labels