Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input to pull from ALL tabs in the workbook AND I need a column with the tab name

NicoleMA
7 - Meteor

Hello - 

I have very limited Alteryx skills (I don't create apps or use Macros) but I don't think what I am trying to do is beyond my ability but can't figure it out and need to hurry!

I want to be able to union all of the tabs within an excel worksheet together so I am thinking I need a dynamic input AND I also need is a column inserted to tell me which tab it came from. 

I've got two files (each with multiple tabs and all tabs have the same headers) I need to do this for to make one tall file. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here are picture examples of the input files: Example Input 1.JPGExample Input 2.JPG 

Here is an example of what I need:

Example of what I needExample of what I need

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@NicoleMA 
We all start with new with alteryx😁 and we are here in the community to learn from each other.

For this question, though you said you are yet familar with the macro but I am afraid we have to go the macros, two macro. 😂
And it appears that your data is having also slight Schema Difference, so macro is also necessary.

And it will a good start you learn about the Batch Macro also.

Credits go to @mceleavey 
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Import-Multiple-sheets-in-from...

0423-NicoleMA-A.png0423-NicoleMA-B.png

NicoleMA
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply! Ahh yes, I saw that the DMA and DMA Region columns differed on some the tabs, so I edited the excel files so that it is just DMA on all of them.

Even doing that you are saying I need to learn what/how to use macros?

I tried to run the workflow you attached but I have no clue what to do with this error saying something about workflow dependencies, I've never had this issue when downloading a sample workflow.  What do I have to do to make this run so that I can examine it to figure out how to do this? 

Thanks!

Can't Run.JPG

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@NicoleMA 
Change the path (Highlighted) of the folder where your Excel files are saved.

0423-NicoleMA-A.png

Labels