Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input not finding file folder

CaitlinFallows
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon,

I am trying to use a Directory to connect into a Dynamic Input to get files from two different subfolders.

I keep getting the error message "cannot find file". No one is in the file, and it is accessible. I have not edited the FullPath name, and it matches the folder itself. I have tried truncating the file name using "Short Name" but this is blank in my Directory tool so does not affect the FullPath - I read on the forums this is limited to 260 characters?

The full name is pulling in, including the individual file names, into the FullPath. Filtering works as I expect; I'm able to pull just the files I need from the Directory.

Please see a screen grab of the workflow (confidential information redacted):

CaitlinFallows_0-1682343096825.png

How do I get my Dynamic Input to read this file location?

TIA

14 REPLIES 14
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmmm.. that looks correct (if the Dynamic Input Tool is set up to replace the entire Filepath and you've correctly set the field [FullPath]). The only thing that looks suspicious is the space in the date folder. Is that space in the Directory Tool output? If so, you probably need to keep it.

CaitlinFallows
7 - Meteor

It's not, but I've tried both ways in case there's some sort of anomaly. Both produce the same problem above.

This is the tool configuration:

CaitlinFallows_0-1682428995128.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Did you select a sheet in the Input Data Source Template file? That's all I can think of. Beyond that feel free to send a redacted / dummy file over and I can have a go.

CaitlinFallows
7 - Meteor

Hi Philip,

I did that and had a colleague test it - it seems to be system based. We've escalated to Alteryx support as the file itself is fine; if I copy it to my desktop it finds it, but for some reason it cannot see this particular file path.

Thanks for your help, and if you're interested in the outcome I'll reply here once I have an answer :)

PwC_GMG
5 - Atom

[Deleted]

Labels