Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter

daprice
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to dynamically filter my results of one leg of my workflow from another. Essentially I have some bad data or exceptions that I use the first part of the workflow to identify and then am correcting another set of bad data with the second arm of the workflow. In order to avoid correcting the data twice when the accountants in our company go to book journal entries I need to remove the first leg of data from the second leg using a unique SubledgerVoucher field. 

In this case my end result of Leg 1 "117997 Voucher Issues" is the bad vouchers that need to be journaled out and not considered in the second leg I am still building to assist in tagging intercompany partner relationships.

3 REPLIES 3
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Use a Dynamic input on the second leg of your workflow to update a WHERE clause. And use the output from the first leg to say WHERE '117997 Voucher Issues' not in, and use the list of Vouchers to filter out the second leg. 

daprice
5 - Atom

where does the dynamic input need to be connected in order for that to work? 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @daprice 

If the SubledgerVoucher field is unique, you can use a Join tool to act as a filter for the second leg.  Connect the output of the top leg to the left input of the join and insert the Join into the start of your bottom leg probably just before the Initial select.   The key point here is to use the R output of the Join tool to connect to Select.  R will contain all the records from the input that don't match with a SubledgerVoucher from the left input.

Dan

Labels