Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dropping Files to Another Shared Drive

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi and good day,

I would like to ask if it is possible to transfer a number of files from one shared drive to another shared drive. Let us say I am going to input a date - 7/28/2023 and it is going to read a folder name 20230728 from the source drive. If match it will proceed copying the files to another shared drive. If not match, it will state that the date does not match. A sample workflow will help.

Hoping for your assistance on this inquiry.

Thanks,
Kamen

13 REPLIES 13
KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Thanks for the response however, the direction of the workflow is to copy files to another shared drive. The link you have provided is copying of folders. Can you help with this - copying of files to another location or shard drive?

Looking forward for your reply. Thanks.

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula
KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Just a question, under your formula, "Replace([File_Origin], 'TestFolder1', 'TestFolder2')", how am I to insert if I am dealing with multiple files to drop?

For example:

SM_SIDBULK_MUMBO_20230804_S1_INPUT_compress.csv
SM_INT_LANDERBULK_MUMBO_20230804_K1_input.csv

SM_INT_SANDERBULK_MUMBO_20230804_L1_input.csv

Thanks,

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KamenRider 

1-Add the filename field on the select tool

2-You can just hardcode your new folder path and concatenate it with the filename:

filename.png

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

I am having a parse error at char (167): Malformed Function Call (Expression #2). Please see below if correct.

Path.PNG

Please advised.

Kamen 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KamenRider 

remove this replace function, just keep the new folder path + filename (exactly how it is on my last image)

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Thanks @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Dropping was successful.

Kamen

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

I would like to ask regarding the python you have shared since I am having an error "The entry Point is invalid". Please advised how I can fix it.

invalid.PNG

Hoping for your assistance.

Kamen 

Labels