Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dropbox Input Tool error 'filename.csv' is not a valid csv file

lmejia1
5 - Atom

Hi there,

I am facing an issue with loading a csv file with the Dropbox Input tool. When I run the tool I receive an error message 'filename.csv' is not a valid csv file.

If I move the file to my desktop and use the regular input tool, the file loads just fine.

The csv file is about 300 mb in size. Is this user error or is this possibly a bug?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lmejia1 ,

this can be caused by the wrong chosen delimiter or faulty quote characters.

I suggest making sure the settings for these two are correct. (See point 7 for defaults: https://help.alteryx.com/designer/dropbox-input-tool)

Alternatively, if this error only happens with this particular file, you can output it as xlsx or yxdb with an Alteryx workflow and go from there.

Let me know if this doesn't work, and if it does, please mark this as the solution to help others find solutions quicker.

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

lmejia1
5 - Atom

Hi @KilianL,

I tried changing the default settings in the options menu. However, it is still giving me an error message 'collections.OrderedDict' object has not attribute 'strip' (screenshot attached). 

The issue is happening with multiple Dropbox files. Can you advise how I can output the file as an xlsx or yxdb if I cannot input the file?

Thank you kindly

Luisfelipe14
5 - Atom

Any solutions?

Labels