Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drop down list not working

roosechua
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am a beginner in Alteryx Designer, and I what I am trying to do is to provide a drop down list interface, using one of my table's column.

I have 3 columns: Record ID, Location and Status in my table. What I am trying to achieve is use the Location in the drop down interface, after filtering only Closed records, and using the selected Location to finally filter my output. It seems to be working fine until the drop down interface, but the filter tool after that does not seem to extract the proper value that I want. 

I have looked for similar solutions here in the community, and found this. However, I am not sure why mine is still not working when logically, my workflow seems to be correct. Can someone help me to understand what is wrong in my workflow?

Appreciate the help in advance! Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
roosechua
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @KrishnaKuchibhotla, the issue that I had was resolved by AbilashR, which was to include the browser tool on the Interface Designer. However, on your end, I think it might have something to do on the resulting dropdown choices, as mentioned in the reply from apathetichell here, which is something to do with the crosstab tool replacing your header spaces with underscores. It means that if one of your column headers is "Where are you working", it will become "Where_are_you_working" when it goes into the dropdown tool, and you will need to convert it back somehow to the original value, without the underscores, before using it as a filter in your next tool.

Attached is my test workflow that I used for this question. 

Labels