Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Drop down in Alteryx

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am trying to design a flow with a drop-down list. I have different order categories and their count. I need a flow in which I can select single or multiple categories to see their count. Please assist.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1674630294001.png

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thank you for the help, could you please send the full flow, like cross tab connect with which data, what the confirmation for drop-down and action tool?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 I already attached the workflow, the cross tab is connected to your input file and then the category field used in the list box tool

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs how can I see the below view of the flow

Learner09_0-1674639483657.png

I downloaded the flow, and what I can see is this - 

Learner09_1-1674639541623.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Learner09, the flow from @binuacs is an app, meaning if you open it from outside of Alteryx you will just see the user interface.

Open Alteryx, select File > Open Workflow and open it from there, this will show you the actual workflow.

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  I designed the below-mentioned flow, when I ran it shows the error 

Learner09_1-1674639847648.png

Error 

Learner09_0-1674639824051.png

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton Thanks a lot, It's working! Now I am able to see the actual flow.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Learner09 

If you open the interface designer (ctrl+alt+d) and go to the properties tab, you can select the browse tool on 'On success show results to user'. 

Labels