Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Download tool. A URL is a parameter but it is being truncated at '&'

efurlow
5 - Atom

I am struggling with an API call and need some assistance.

the basis of my need is that one of the parameters of my API call is a string I am submitting that is a URL itself (not THE url, another url I am submitting as a field.). It is technically working and "OK" however the full string I am submitting as that url field is not coming through the API. It is being truncated at the '&' between my utm codes. 

I have tried "urlencode([url])" but then it comes through to where I am submitted as the encoded/not correct value

I have tried replacing & with ; and # and /& (ideas I got from internet threads I thought may help)

any ideas on how I can prevent the Alteryx GET call from truncating this value at the &?

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

assuming the formatting is correct (ie check in postman) - it sounds like your string field length isn't set to be enough characters and you need to add a select tool before whatever string combo you do to make sure that your string can handle the correct number of characters

efurlow
5 - Atom

@apathetichell Length is not the issue as it's cutting off specifically at the & in each unique URL. This may be a silly question...but how would I check the formatting in postman?

Labels