Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory tool Block

Yogish
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

I have a scenario that my workflow generates Multiple (5) Output files to the output folder from where all the output files are to be zipped to one zip file. 

Zipping process and other stuff Made it. 

But the challenge is sometimes if the data is huge on the inputs the workflow process takes time to generate the outputs.  but in mean time the directory which I used in front of the zipper(Macro) loads quick and says no files on the Output Directory which results in no files on the zip.

Have used Block until done tool to the process. but I'm unable block the Directory tool as it does not have input anchor.

Quick help is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Yogish B

1 REPLY 1
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Yogish, if you have the newest version of Alteryx you can use control containers - which were made for this type of issue. Otherwise I would recommend wrapping your directory tool in a macro to make it dependent on an input.

Try something like this:

FinnCharlton_1-1687508374471.png

Here I've made a directory tool within a batch macro. The control parameter updates the directory tool, but by choosing just [Destination] as the formula it doesn't make any changes. It just makes the directory dependent on the input from the control parameter. You can then put this macro into your workflow - just ensure that only one record passes into the control parameter. For this I put the 'Count Records' tool before it.

FinnCharlton_2-1687508528474.png

Hope this helps!

Labels