Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Directory Input

Anthony_white
7 - Meteor

I am trying to use the directory input tool to input 6 .xlsx files and I am getting an error that a the ymxd file that I am currently in is not a valid directory. What's strange is that the file is not in the directory that I specified. Also, it looks like it is creating a copy of the directory when I run the workflow.

d8f4a69b-247d-4103-ac44-f705d4cebaa9.png

image.png

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you able to attach your workflow, or a screenshot of it @Anthony_white? I'm struggling to replicate this on my side.

The only thing I can think of to try immediately, without seeing the configuration, is to untick 'Include Subdirectories'? Looks like the directory you have provided is at a deeper level than the .yxdb causing the issue though so don't think this will remedy the issue.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Anthony_white!

What is the tool name and tool number next to the error message? Does that correspond to the same directory tool in your image?

Just checking. Something is off here...

Anthony_white
7 - Meteor

Thanks for responding, I ended up closing everything, rebooting my computer, and reapplying the input and dynamic input tools and the situation was resolved. I still have no idea what was causing it. 

Labels