Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Difficulty Reading Excel Data Extracted from PowerBI in Alteryx

AliEB
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a puzzling issue that I hope you can assist with.

I've encountered a problem while attempting to read an Excel file that extracts data from PowerBI.

When I manually open the Excel file, I can see the data without any issues. However, when I try to read it using Alteryx's input tool, it's displaying no data at all.

Do you happen to know why this might be happening and what steps I could take to resolve it?

Best

2 REPLIES 2
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide
  1. Check if the file is open in another program: If the Excel file is open in another program, such as Microsoft Excel, Alteryx may not be able to read it. Make sure that the file is closed in all other programs before attempting to read it in Alteryx.

2. Check if the file is in use by another process: If the file is in use by another process, Alteryx may not be able to read it. Try closing all other programs and processes that may be using the file and then attempt to read it in Alteryx again.

3. Check if the file is corrupted: If the Excel file is corrupted, Alteryx may not be able to read it. Try opening the file in Microsoft Excel and see if you encounter any issues. If the file is corrupted, you may need to restore it from a backup or recreate it.

4. Check if the file format is supported: Alteryx supports reading Excel files in the .xls and .xlsx formats. If your file is in a different format, you may need to convert it to one of these formats before attempting to read it in Alteryx.

5. Try using the Excel Legacy driver: Alteryx has a legacy driver for reading Excel files that may help resolve the issue. To use the Excel Legacy driver, select it from the Input Data tool’s File Format dropdown menu.

AliEB
7 - Meteor

Hi Data-Analyst23,

thank you for you response, but I did check every thing you mentioned and nothing worked.

The fileformat  of the data is xlsx

Labels