Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Detour End not letting data through

Oliver-Corbin
7 - Meteor

So I have data flowing towards a detour end tool and I can see it coming up on the L input on the tool itself but is not actually pulling through any of the data. There is no configuration so there is nothing I can do. It has worked plenty of times but has suddenly stopped working now with no explanation anywhere. Hoping someone can help with this or I will have to send it in as a software query. This isn't the first time I've had problems with consistency within Alteryx. A few notes:

Both inputs are connected.

Detour tool isn't ticked so the Detour End tool should pull through L input data.

There is data, it looks like every previous run but has suddenly stopped working.

Tried restarting my laptop, tried deleting connections and reconnecting, tried deleting and adding the tool in again.

Sadly nothing seems to be working.

12 REPLIES 12
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

can't tell much what does your action tool look like - and where is it being fed from? if you detour to the right does the data flow correctly? if so you may not be sending what you think you are sending to your detour switch....

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Oliver-Corbin 

That's really weird. I tried to replicate your issue but couldn't using version 2022.3 or 2020.3

OllieClarke_0-1677691325440.png

I didn't see anything in the release notes about this behaviour with the detour tool either. 

My hunch is that something upstream hasn't actualised and is being joined onto the Right output of the detour, but I don't know why that's affecting the detour end as even if I test stupid configurations, I still get data out the output

OllieClarke_1-1677691605857.png

It might be worth creating a support ticket in this instance - sorry I couldn't help

Ollie

Oliver-Corbin
7 - Meteor

It sometimes works and sometimes neither stream will output anything from the Detour End tool.

What I do find weird is how I have many other Detour and Detour End Tools which are working great, but for some reason this one has gone from working to not working by a run of the workflow. I will have to dig deeper, although I presume this is a bug within this Alteryx version.

Labels