Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Designer - Select tool

SophieTran
5 - Atom

I am trying to use Select tool to convert my order date into a date formula. However, I got an error saying not a valid date. Why only some of my data is considered not a valid date? The other converts fine

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SophieTran,

i assuming you need to swap month with date:

Alteryx uses the ISO format yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS

propably it will star working if you will make some Changes using left, substring and right formula to swap mm and dd.

SophieTran
5 - Atom

Do I use the formula tools to change the format before using the select tool?

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, try using left, right  and substring formula. If you will try you will definitely make it work.

after you will amend the column in a proper way you can use select tool to change the format.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi!

Without knowing what your date data looks like - I'd recommend adding a datetime tool to the canvas. There's a ton more options for that and it's more intuitive than the formula date conversion features.  todate([date field]) is great as a formula but your date has to be a string coded as "yyyy-mm-dd" otherwise it won't work.

You can then use the select tool to drop your old "date" string column and rename your new datetime_out column.

Labels