Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Default Excel Formula in the Output

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

Hi

This is the output file. In this, Billing FTM = Val.in.rep.cur + Adjustment + True Up.

The Adjustment & True Up columns are subjected to user interpretation. If the user changes the Adjustment or True Up, it must be reflected under Billing FTM. 

For eg., for the 1st row, if Adjustment is changed to 100 and True Up by another 100, Billing FTM must reflect 5200.34

The problem is that once the Output file is created, Alteryx's job is finished. Even if the user modifies the value in those 2 columns, it will not be reflected under Billing FTM.

My idea is to somehow copy the formula, Val.in.rep.cur + Adjustment + True Up behind every cell. Just like how Excel works. 

Is this possible? Or if there is another method, please let me know

RowGHIM
1Val.in rep.cur.AdjustmentTrue UpBilling FTM
8-6402.0100 
9-2411.9400 

3 REPLIES 3
Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

If you are outputting to excel you can just write the formula into the field. You need to work out what your column letters and row numbers are and add them in.

So in the formula tool you have something like

Billing FTM 

Val.in.rep.cur + Adjustment + True Up

but you want something like 
Billing FTM

"=SUM(A" + [RowID] + ":C" + [RowID] + ")"

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Carlithian 

Would you mind sending a sample WF?

I am new to Alteryx.

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Carlithian 

I have updated the table with rows and columns. Would you please explain based on that?

Labels