Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTimeParse does not parse leading two digit year

EYamada
7 - Meteor

I have a string yymmdd and the datetimeparse formula is not parsing the leading two digit year.  Please see details below;

Input:

Field 1

Formula: DateTimeParse([Field1],"%y%m%d")

Conv Error:  DATETIMEPARSE: Cannot convert "180118" to a date/time with format "%y%m%d": Month number is out of range 1..12: '18'

Any thoughts what is going wrong here?

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Part of the issue revolves around how Alteryx recognizes two digit years. 

echuong1_0-1579291006747.png

Try separating each section via a formula and then use the todate() function. You can also concatenate "20" to the beginning of your string and then use your conversion formula. 

todate("20" + left([Field 1],2) + "-" + right(left([Field 1],4),2) + "-" + right([Field 1],2))

DateTimeParse(("20" + [Field 1]),"%y%m%d")

See attached for an example. Let me know if that works!

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Similar to the route @echuong1 wen't down i would add 20 in front of the string and use the DateTimeParse() function:

DateTimeParse('20' + ToString([Field 1]),'%y%m%d')

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels