Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTime Tool Appears not to be able to convert 3 digits in seconds

carltonp
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

I have a JSON that has at JSON_StringValue where the seconds has three digit e.g. 1:16:702. 

The time element in the DataTime tools suppports the following HH:mm:ss. 

As a result my workflow fails with the following error:

ConvError: DateTime (5): Time_Out: Cannot convert "1:16.702" to a date/time with format "%H:%M:%S" and language "English": Expected separator ':%S', got: '.702'

Can someone let me know how to convert the ss to 2 digits. Alternatively, is there someway to support 3 digits.

I have attached the workflow with sample data

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @carltonp ,

Based on your example (1:16.702), I doubt that 702 represents seconds as seconds can go up until 60 before the make up 1 minute.

Rather I believe it's milliseconds, so 1:16.702 is 1 minute, 16 seconds and 702 milliseconds. Is this possible you believe given your data?

In case it is milliseconds, I've put together a workflow that hopefully helps you answer your question

AngelosPachis_0-1663541088052.png

Cheers,

Angelos

carltonp
8 - Asteroid

Hi Angelos,

This is perfect.

Thanks so much mate.

Labels