Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date and Time

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have two column one for the date and the other for the time. I want to create a third column which contains of both date and time. Which formula should I use for that?

I want to have the format like this 2020/08/16 10:00 PM 

Any help in that please?

1.PNG2.PNG

One more question, now if I have an excel file on the desktop and I have in the output of my workflow and excel file and I want to update the excel file on the desktop like for example the file in the desktop have the date till 01/08/2020 and the output of my workflow have the data from 02/08/2020 to 23/08/2020 how can I directly update the existence file which is located in the desktop?  

2 REPLIES 2
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Feras95p, I would use the Formula tool and concatenate the Date and the Time. If you want a field that is a Date Time format, it should have the format of 2020-08-16 12:00:00 - so your formula would be:

[Date]+" "+[Time]

and set the Data type to DateTime. I attached a sample workflow for review. Regarding your output question, if I understand the question correctly, you want to output certain data to one file, and certain data to another. That can be accomplished via the Output Data tool...further, if these are existing files, such as Excel workbooks, you can choose the option to Overwrite Sheet or Range, so you can direct the output as needed.

Regards,

Brian

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Feras95p , you can try this 

grazitti_sapna_0-1598330984586.png

In order to append the data into the existing file you can try this configuration.

grazitti_sapna_1-1598331093401.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels