Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Selection and Different Multiplying Condition

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to perform the following analysis with the multiples of data format as below

A. I want to write a formula in Alteryx to identify latest beginning date whereby it will depend on the following conditions:

- If the movement date is empty , the latest beginning date will be the initial date.

- If there is date under the movement date column , it will be the latest beginning date.

B. Once i got the latest beginning date, i would need to obtain the final date whereby it will be equal to latest beginning date + number of months.

C. I would like to calculate the number of years which it will be equal to the number of months divided by 12.

D.Once i got the number of years, i want to calculate the Depreciation rate with the following conditions:

- If the method is SL, the formula will be 1 divided by number of years

- If the method is DD, the formula will be 2 divided by number of years

E. Lastly, i want to calculate the final amount which it is equal to amount multiply against the depreciation rate.

From the step above, i not too sure how to write the formula for step A,B,D and E. Appreciate if someone can guide me or share the workflow on how to build the complete workflow based on the above conditions

Kindly refer to the screenshot below for your reference.

Jacob_94_0-1615629538280.png

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 ,

It's generally a good practice to add data to your posts, to save people trying to help you the effort of manually typing the data you have provided in pictures in text input tools. I understand that this is easier to you and saves you time, but think it would also be easier for us to help you this way.

Cheers,

Angelos

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thank you for updating me on this and sorry for any inconvenience caused before this.

Kindly refer to the attached file below for your reference.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 ,

Thank you for this. I have created a workflow with all the expressions you were looking for. I've broken it down to a single expression per formula tool, so it's easy for you to track where changes happen.

You can of course do it in a single formula tool, if you need to reduce the amount of tools used.

AngelosPachis_0-1615635031214.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thanks a lot for your guidance and it really helps a lot.

Appreciate it😊

Labels