Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Data Transpose

verde0903
アステロイド

Hello,

Am trying to Transpose headers that are in row format to column using the Cross Tab or Transpose tools but the information is not coming out as needed.  In the data sample provided, I need Alteryx to respect the order of the rows and transfer them to column format in the same order.  In Excel I am able to do, it just need to understand the tool that I need to use in Alteryx to perform the same process.

Thanks,

Maylen

4件の返信4
griffinwelsh
クエーサー

@verde0903 you need to use the transpose tool and then the cross tab tool. I have attached a solution workflow for you. Please mark the thread solved if this fits your use case. Let me know if you have any questions

2133.png

2134.png

  

verde0903
アステロイド

Hi griffinwelsh,

The data keep putting the result in alphabetical order.  I need to respect the same order as in the rows.

Alteryx results in the solution provided puts the column as

Name, Address, Buyer, Company, Product Ship_to, Type

The columns have to remain in the same order as in the rows

Type, Company, Address, Ship_to, Buyer, Product.

In the sample provided I note how it should look.  Let me know if that is possible.

Thanks,

Maylen

griffinwelsh
クエーサー

@verde0903 to retain the sort order append a recordID to the header and then remove it after the cross tab with a dynamic rename tool. Update workflow is attached.

verde0903
アステロイド

Hi griffinwelsh

That's it.  It worked.  Thank you so much!  I'll mark it as solved.

Have a good day.

Maylen

ラベル