Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Mismatch

heatherpaquette
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am having difficulties in figuring out how to output the correct data based on my input records.  For the attached input, i need the output to show the records highlighted in green.  In other words, I need the RECP information for the seller and origin data points to replace those of the DISB records but I need to keep the remaining information on the DISB records.  I have attached only a sample of data but I have a workflow already started if it may be helpful?  Please let me know!

4 REPLIES 4
LindonB
11 - Bolide

Can you share an example of your desired output? How do you want to handle to data points not in green, and what fields/logic helps identify what the keep and what to remove?

heatherpaquette
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have attached an example of the desired output, which consist only of the first three rows highlighted in green.  I am currently using the OrderBatchID in Column AZ and the Schedule Type in column C to append and then replace the data.  This solution works when there is one single origin or seller, but when two or more origins or sellers are introduced I do know know how to match to the correct one.  For example, I want to switch the origin and seller information for the RECP for billed units of 2,480,614 with the DISB for 2,478,758 but I am unsure as to how to then choose the origin of Bayway, New Jersey instead of Carteret, New Jersey.   

Raj
15 - Aurora

@heatherpaquette 

is there any specific logic you are using to select the data
if yes please explain the logic will be in better position to help.

LindonB
11 - Bolide

I see. Thanks for the clarification. It seems you’re trying to join RECP and DISB records using OrderBatchID. However, when multiple origins or sellers are present, it’s unclear how to match them correctly. Really though, I don't think there is any way to match rows lower than the OrderBatchID.

Your data needs a unique key field that can distinctly relate these records. I did a test and no such field exists. Without this, appending RECP to DISB or joining on OrderBatchID alone will lead to duplicates or incorrect alignments. If such a field doesn’t exist, you might need to create it, either manually for small datasets or programmatically for larger ones if there are consistent rules for matching. I hope this helps! 😊

Labels