Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Increment

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

I was trying to do something like this, I have a file which will update every once in a week so each time the number should increment by 1. Let's say this time it is B166 so next time when it refreshes it should show B167 and after week B168 and so on.... Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

6 REPLIES 6
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TabsheerMohamed ,

Which number?

Are you creating a new file every week? Are you receiving a new file every week and appending to an existing file?

Can you please provide more information?

M.

Bulien

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@TabsheerMohamed One suggestion would be to keep the updated number in a separate file and when you run the workflow each time read this file and increment the number 

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

No, actually I am trying to send out a report which used to be manual. now its in 165 and every week they will increment it by 1, so that will be 166,167, and so on... 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TabsheerMohamed ,

In that case it sounds like you're trying to rename the report with an incrementing number each time. 

The easiest way to do this is probably to output the number to a .yxdb file, read this in each time and create a field called "Filename". Read this number in, add 1 to it, and append it to "[Filename]+[Incremental_number]" then generate the report with the dynamic filename.

M.

Bulien

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

That sounds amazing :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels