Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a Dynamic number of Duplicate Columns

GreenApple24
6 - Meteoroid

Hey guys,

Currently having a brain freeze. I think that there is a way to solve this issue with crosstab/transpose, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

I have this file where it has a dynamic number of "sets" of data. I want to move the duplicates to new columns, rather than having them all stacked as one row. See the screenshot below: 

Input : As you can see, the rowID's change after every "section" (group of 4). There is a dynamic amount of RowID's, but the type and amounts are all the same. I'm struggling to get a workflow that would create a dynamic amount of new duplicate columns rather than stacked rows.

I have the input file attached below.

GreenApple24_2-1686691906686.png

Output: This is the desired output.

GreenApple24_3-1686691919756.png

Thanks in advance for the help!

GreenApple24

3 REPLIES 3
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@GreenApple24  - try this.  I ignored the RowID in the desired output only because it doesnt make sense that 1 would be aligned with what was formerly 2,3,4 row IDs.

GreenApple24
6 - Meteoroid

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for the fast and simple response!

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@GreenApple24  - my pleasure.  that is what this community is for.  

Labels