Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Batch File to Remove Sheetname

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

I would like to ask your help if you could create a batch file (autoexec.bat) deleting a specified sheet name. The directory of the file in located in the network drive. The filename for example is rename and delete.xlsx. Kindly also show how I can incorporate with the workflow.

Thanks,

Kamen

13 REPLIES 13
Raj
15 - Aurora

@KamenRider I will need to think around this.
by any chance do you have a RPA in Place such as UI path as this task will be much easier with automation bots.

although as you also want to keep the formatting of the sheet, this has become a tricky task.

can you please share any sample file with formatting you want to maintain.

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI @Raj 

Sorry, I don't have UI Path. My mode of automation is Alteryx.

For the sample, please see attached. I would like to retain the "Control" tab and delete the "Detail" tab. So, there should be only one tab remain in the file.

Please let me know if you have questions. I do hope we solve this.

Thanks,

Kamen

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider , I don't foresee this being possible without a process to actually open the file...perhaps with PowerShell, Power Automate, etc.  I'll monitor responses to this to see if anyone offers a solution other than overwriting/blanking the 'Detail' sheet

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Thanks. Please keep in touch and update me if you have any solutions.

Kamen

Labels