Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Archive Folder

CsmithData31
7 - Meteor

Hello! I'm working on an Alteryx workflow and need some advice. My goal is to check if a Folder exists on the shared path. If it does not, I want to automatically create a new folder within it named 'Arc_' followed by the current date (e.g., 'Arc_2022_02_02'). The creation should only happen if the Folder does not exist; otherwise, the folder will not be created. I have created in SSIS Using the File System Task Editor just looking to create this in Alteryx. 

Edit: I am looking to create an archive folder. if the folder does not exist then create else nothing. 

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

How do you create a folder within a folder that doesn't exist?

CsmithData31
7 - Meteor

Apologies for the confusion. Just looking to create a folder in a shared location. Just want to make sure the folder is not duplicated and the output would be folder name plus today's date.. 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Something like this should work...

image.png

CsmithData31
7 - Meteor

You are the man!! that worked perfectly!

Labels